Sunday, June 17, 2007

The summer is here

Alas, it appears that this is going to be the hottest summer I've seen in Arizona so far (having come in 2000). Which reminds me that it's been a while since the project this blog will be linked to (DIY Zoning) hasn't evolved in a significant manner for quite a while.

What's changed since the project was created in 2001?

Well, I don't think we've heard about rolling blackouts back then.
The water was near nowhere as expensive as it is now.
I'm not even talking about gas (when I left Iowa, I got a full tank of unleaded for $.73 a gallon, now it costs $60 to fill a tank).
Which makes more people stay at home.
Which makes electricity bills higher. Unless they're actively employing energy conservation measures.
Speaking of which, it appears that today people have become significantly more energy conscious.

Originally , the DZ objectives were stated as: "1. Home comfort. 2. Energy cost savings. In that order."

Well, it may be a time to revisit the strategy and shift the priorities...

No comments:

Post a Comment