Saturday, August 30, 2008

And you thought your installation was bad...

Just saw this hilarious post.

Reminded me of being there and watching both the installation process, and the results - and I must tell you, those are not for the weak of heart.

The installation I saw was on the second floor, and they already had to use a crane. However, as the floor goes up, so does the price (and the danger). I don't think there are any cranes (at least that a regular person can afford) that can reach above, I'd say, fifth floor - and I've seen mini splits installed all the way up to 16th floor (that's the usual height of a residential high rise building).

The only way I can think of is to use professional climbers to haul the condenser up and fasten it to the wall, but then there's a question of connecting it and charging the system, which requires HVAC training and certification, and not always can be done from inside...

Things sure are interesting over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment