- Galaxy Nexus (unlocked) running ICS 4.0.4 (verified);
- Nexus S running ICS 4.0.4 (verified);
- Any phone or tablet running Android 2.3.3 or higher that supports ADK.
What's in it for me?
- No more messy software installation - DZ will install from Android Market.
- No more messy hardware installation - all necessary peripherals are reduced to the Arduino board with the connector shield on it.
- No more messy configuration.
- There's a good chance that soon you will be able to - gasp - just buy it, nail it to the wall and it will "just work".
What's in it for me if I don't have or don't want a tablet/phone?
Arduino can still be used as a single peripheral device for all DZ needs.
Can I get it now?
Yes and no.
- Arduino firmware is available from the source repository.
- Android application will be soon published to Android Market.
When I can get it, what do I get?In default configuration,
- 6 analog temperature sensors
- 6 servos
- 2 4-way HVAC control blocks
- As many sensors as 1-Wire bus supports;
- As many sensors as XBee network supports;
- Up to 48 servos;
- As many HVAC control blocks as XBee network supports.
Is it compatible with current DZ installation?
Yes, all aspects. The same Android application will be used to control all flavors of DZ.