A representative of an interesting product family.
I don't quite understand the rationale for feature set selection - the device supports
- Eternet connector (very nice),
- relays (very nice),
- email alerts (that I can understand),
- Modbus/TCP (that's an impressive industrial protocol, but I don't remeber any home automation application that suports it),
- SNMP (same as Modbus),
- BASIC interpreter (why would anyone want that today???),
- but just 8 sensors. Eight? While using DS18B20, implying 1-Wire, which is potentially unlimited? You're kidding. I'd say this is a deal breaker.
This is the only device to date (that I have found so far) that has a mobile application. Or, should I say, has a picture of an application running on an iPhone - App Store search yielded no results, and there were no application links that I could find.